[STDS-802-11-TGBE] Technical contribution on low latency

Hi Alfred, all,

I believe the following technical contribution “Overlaid UL transmissions enabling low latency for emergency use cases” targeting R2 is relevant for a Joint call:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/21/11-21-1852-01-00be-overlaid-ul-transmissions-enabling-low-latency-for-emergency-use-cases.pptx

In this contribution we propose a PHY mechanism (but with MAC impact) for the transmission of emergency data. A STA2 with emergency data may be allowed to transmit (in UL) that data despite another STA1 already transmitting (in UL). The AP will switch reception from STA1 to STA2 such that this emergency data can be retrieved immediately.

If you have some comments, suggestions or questions already now, don’t hesitate to reach out and we can discuss it.

Best regards,

Dennis