[STDS-802-11-TGBE] CID 8370 in 11-21/2014r1

Hi Jinyoung,

Thanks for discussing CID 8370 in 11-21/2014r1.

I have one comment on the sentence (P294L56 in 802.11be D1.0 which is in P430L27 in 802.11be D1.4):

The EHT beamformer shall set the TXVECTOR parameter CH_BANDWIDTH or CH_BANDWIDTH_IN_NON_HT, the Partial BW Info subfield of the EHT NDP Announcement frame, depending on the operating channel width, as defined in Table 9-42c (Settings for BW, Partial BW Info subfield in the EHT NDP Announcement frame(#8157)).

I do not think the operating channel width is clearly stated. The value of the bandwidth of the EHT NDPA Announcement frame, i.e., the TXVECTOR parameter CH_BANDWIDTH or CH_BANDWIDTH_IN_NON_HT, depends on different parameters in different scenarios:

  1. In Non-TB sounding scenario, the value of the bandwidth of the EHT NDPA Announcement frame depends on the operating channel width of the beamformer and the operating channel width of the beamformee, as indicated in the following paragraph from 802.11be D1.4(P417L8).

  1. In TB sounding scenario, the value of the bandwidth of the EHT NDPA Announcement frame depends on the operating channel width of the beamformer, the operating channel width of the beamformee, the requested Feedback RU/MRU as defined in Table 9-42c and Table 35-2 (802.11be D1.4).

Therefore, I would suggest to re-write the sentence as follows:

                The EHT beamformer shall set the TXVECTOR parameter CH_BANDWIDTH or CH_BANDWIDTH_IN_NON_HT, the Partial BW Info subfield of the EHT NDP Announcement frame, depending on the operating channel width of the beamformee, the operating channel width of the beaformer or the requested RU/MRU size, as defined in Table 9-42c (Settings for BW, Partial BW Info subfield in the EHT NDP Announcement frame(#8157)).

Thanks,

Zinan