[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-22-0349-02-00be-cr-discussion-of-nstr-and-emlsr

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your response. It is a good question, what’s the main factors that cause large differences between NSTR and EMLSR. It may need more time to do the analysis.

A simple reason may be larger overhead may cause the EMLSR to enter middle or high load much early than NSTR, and then higher collision overhead in middle/high traffic load will further reduce the throughput.

From current results, you can see that it is not always ~50% difference in DL throughput. There is no different for 0.3Mbps, a little bit low (~17%) for 1Mbps, and then 47% for 3Mbps, 61% for 10Mbps, 56% for 30Mbps, 55% for 100Mbps. You can see that the difference start to diminish after 30Mbps. It may because the percentage of airtime of overhead of EMLSR will reduce after a threshold.

Regards,

Yunbo

发件人: Akhmetov, Dmitry [mailto:Dmitry.Akhmetov@xxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 2022326 12:02
收件人: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-22-0349-02-00be-cr-discussion-of-nstr-and-emlsr

Yunbo, thanks a lot for the reply.

You explanation (i.e. 1 second of simulation time and some “tails/leftovers in TX buffer” ) would work if we were talking about 1-2% difference.

But we are talking about ~25Mbps  difference in delivered throughput  DL  direction for 3Mbps case. ~25Mbps eMLSR vs ~50 Mbps NSRT in DL direction or about 50% difference . Yunbo, 50%, not 5%, not 2% but 50%. Half of DL traffic sit buffered in the TxQueue and . This is not “tails”, this is actually full solid “body” of input traffic in amount of ~25Mbps

This situation is quite the same across all loads – 1Mbps, 3Mbps, 10Mbps, 30 and 100Mbps. In all cases eMLSR is on par with NSTR, but DL is about 2x less that DL of nSTR

That does not seem right, neither for small/tiny loads of 1Mbps/3Mbps nor for large once (10/30/100Mbps)

Dmitry

答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-22-0349-02-00be-cr-discussion-of-nstr-and-emlsr

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your further question. Please see my response in-line.

Regards,

Yunbo