Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion on power save of AP MLD

[I am sending this email on behalf of my colleague Michail, who's having

trouble posting to the TGbe reflector.]

Hi Guogang,

Thank you for the contribution and for taking time to answer to our comments.

I have 2 comments:

The first is in a specific clause; in the new section 35.3.13 you propose:

When an AP affiliated with an AP MLD is operating in the sleep mode,

-          All the existing TWT agreements on this link shall be suspended;

-          All the TID-to-link mapping agreements are teardown and the default TID-to-link mapping is used.

Tearing down TID-to-link mapping agreements may be problematic, especially when these agreements have nothing to do with the Link in Sleep Mode. What happens for TID-to-link mappings which are negotiated after the AP is in Sleep Mode; are these disallowed or cannot be effective either?

Your proposal tries to reuse the existing awake and doze modes, to which I agree with, so power save state of the AP should not interfere with MLD features which should be managed orthogonally.

My second comments is that the MoreData bit used by the non-AP MLD to signal further BU in the Link, will not very well in EMLSR mode.

In EMLSR mode, the STAs operating on the EMLSR link pair cannot predict which link they will use in the next Uplink TxOp. Therefore the STA may transmit an MPDU with MoreData=1 as it has another MPDU buffered (with More Data="" but the subsequent (More Data="" MPDU may be transmitted on the other (EMLSR) link so the Power Save AP can only rely on the “The channel has been idle for a given time period.” which may never occur if the channel is busy.

Kind regards,

Michail