Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 0545r1

Hi Zinan,

FYI, the related topic has been discussed before as below and the resolution is aligned with your thinking that static puncturing is not limited to 6GHz (e.g., to enable a BSS to use a wider bandwidth even with radar around in 5GHz).

I saw that Guogang allowed static puncturing in 5GHz in 0545r0 initially. It looks that if we fix the missing details for 5GHz operation pointed out by Po-kai, static puncturing should work for 5GHz as well.

4167

35.10.1

304.37

What about in the other bands? A 6G AP only operates in the 6G band so this is a bit confusing as it implies that in other bands the 6G AP may do something else which is not true. And on a side note, in other bands (e.g., 5G) can another AP of an AP MLD announce these widths that are different from the other widths (for the 6 GHz AP affiliated to the same AP MLD? I would think so. Perhaps good to clarify (here or in the AP MLD behaviuor related subclauses.

REVISED
Agree with the commenter in principle. Generalized the text so that the rules are applicable to other bands as well.
Tgbe editor please implement changes as shown in doc 11-21/1700r1 (https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/21/11-21-1700-01-00be-cr-puncturing.docx) tagged as #4167

Thanks

Yanjun