[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 回复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Document(638r1) discussion // [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Joint TGBE/TSN session

Hi Dibakar,

Thanks for your comments. Please see my answer as follows:

[Q] the slides on the demo, while great, seem to be about the transport/application layer protocols performance over a wifi link. Is the message here simply to say: "use QUIC for Miracast if using a wifi link" ? Or, do you also have some ideas on layer-2 improvements to make TCP, UDP performance better beyond the features listed in slide 15 ?

[A] This document considers 11be to support for the potential XR applications and analyses the impact of throughput, latency, reliability (QoS parameters) to the QoE of streaming video and XR applications. Therefore the Demo results shows how the QoE results are impacted not only by the QoS parameters but also by the higer-layer protocols (TCP, UPD ,QUIC etc.). I think the important thing that the test results show is that the latency with high reliability is the key factor for QoE, and higer-layer protocols would impact QoE to a limited extent. So its current intention is not to design a message to say: "use QUIC for Miracast if using a wifi link". But as you mentioned the layer-2 improvements may make TCP, UDP performance better, and how the high-layer protocols collaborate with layer-2 for a better performance is an interesting topic and needs further study. We can have more discussion on this topic.

Best Regards,

Liuming Lu