Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] [STDS-802-11-TGBE] DCNs and ETAs for unresolved CIDs

Hi Guogang, adding a couple of points to the discussion.

QoS Char element in TWT Setup:
  • The purpose of adding QoS Char element to TWT Setup is not to do SCS negotiation, but to deliver QoS characteristics.
  • It may not always be necessary to setup a traffic filter for LST, or go through the additional process of doing SCS negotiation just to share QoS characteristics (possibly for multiple TIDs which carry LST and are indicated in rTWT UL/DL bitmap). In such cases providing QoS Characteristics element in rTWT setup frame is more efficient.

TWT element in SCS Req/Resp?
  • As Binita mentioned, these are two separate procedures. SCS negotiation is done on basis of SCSID whereas rTWT setup can encompass multiple TIDs and in fact same TWT Setup can be done to setup multiple schedules/SPs, each with their own TWT parameters and rTWT TIDs indicated (for rTWT case). Moreover, TWT setup is not just request/response, the negotiation may constitute multiple frames and has its own setup commands (ACCEPT/SUGGEST/ALTERNATE/DICTATE) . So these two procedures should not be mixed.

Kumail.