       thanks for your comments and I agree.  Indeed the current definition of EMLSR is a cut and paste of text from clause 35.3.17 page 461 line 58 (11be D2.0).

Kind regards

Stephen

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 at 19:16, Benjamin Rolfe <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Both those definitions contain details about the thing the term describes that do not belong in clause 3.  I can assure you comments should those appear in a balloted draft 😉.
Put the period after "enabled links" in each case and you have a valid definition of a term.  The remaining details belong in an appropriate normative clause.
FWIW
Ben

From: Stephen McCann <mccann.stephen@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 3:20 AM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] EMLSR and EMLMR operation definitions

Dear all,
              I'm working on some CIDs regarding the EMLSR and EMLMR operation definitions. I've had quite a few suggestions for modifications to EMLSR operation and a new definition for EMLMR operation, through private emails and these are the current versions below.

However, since there appear to be lots of different opinions as to what EMLMR operation means, I thought I'd ask everyone to review these and provide me with some more comments.

enhanced multi-link single radio (EMLSR) operation: A mode of operation that allows a non-access point (non-AP) multi-link device (MLD) with multiple receive chains to listen on a set of enabled links, for an initial Control frame sent by an AP affiliated with an AP MLD in a non-high-throughput (non-HT) (duplicate) physical layer (PHY) protocol data unit (PPDU) with one spatial stream, followed by frame exchanges on the link on which the initial Control frame was received.

enhanced multi-link multiple radio (EMLMR) operation: A mode of operation that allows any of the stations (STAs) affiliated with a non-access point (AP) multi-link device (MLD) on a set of enabled links, to support the transmission and reception of physical layer protocol data units (PPDUs) with a number of spatial streams that is indicated in the EML Control field of the EML OMN frame and that is larger than the number of per-link spatial streams, through switching receive and transmit chains among the enabled links, in a TXOP, after receiving the initial frame from the associated AP affiliated with the AP MLD.

Kind regards

Stephen