[STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion on DCN11-22/1313r1 AP MLD power save

Hi all,

I had no much time to take questions during the call. I would like initiate the further discussion on DCN11-221313r1 AP MLD power save. If you have any comments, please let me kown.

And I also want to summary my response to Alfred’s comment as follows:

When the AP MLD tries to save power by disabling some link or letting the affiliated AP operate in the power save mode, the corresponding affiliated AP in PS mode should allow to be waked up for serving the non-AP MLD when the non-AP MLD is requiring high throughput or low latency.

Hence, the current link disablement advertised by AP MLD is not suitable to do power save. Try to image that, if the wakeup-based power save mechanism cannot be accepted by 11be Spec and defined in Wi-Fi 8., this will make the real AP MLD power save mechanism difficult to deploy in the future. Because the EHT non-AP MLD cannot support it.

Another reason is the 60 GHz link may be introduced in Wi-Fi 8, at that time, we still need to define a wakeup-based power save mechanism. Because the AR/VR-like service is normally initiated by the non-AP MLD side. In that case, the affiliated AP in PS mode should be allowed to be waked up.

Hence, the wakeup-based AP MLD power save mechanism should be defined sooner (11be) than later (Wi-Fi 8). It’s a very good chance to make the concept of the AP power save true!!!

Regards

Guogang Huang