[STDS-802-11-TGBE] CID 16012 - inheritance of T2LM IE(s) by nonTxBSSID

Hi All,

During last week’s meeting I was requested to defer CID 16012. I would like to initiate this email thread to discuss the topic and converge to a suitable text.

To give you some background :- The current NOTE (copied below) is not sufficient (and in many case incorrect).

T2LM is applied at the MLD level and the advertised T2LM can:

1) apply to the links on the channel where the MBSSID set exists along with links on other channels/bands, OR

2) apply to other link(s) but not the links on the channel where the MBSSID set exists OR

3) apply to only the link on the channel where the MBSSID set exists

The inheritance (as specified in the note above) will only apply for case 3. The NOTE doesn’t cover case 1 and 2.

I have made some modifications to the text proposed in 11-23/0296 to better capture the above intention.

Could you please let me know if the above text looks good or if you have any suggestions to improve it.

As a reminder (see NOTE in 11.1.3.8.4) – if there are more than one element having the same Element ID and Element ID Extension (if applicable), then all the elements should match for the TxBSSID and nonTxBSSID for the nonTxBSSID to inherit.

Regards,
Abhi