From: Mark Rison <m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2023 3:54 PM
To: Ron Porat <ron.porat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Zinan Lin <Zinan.Lin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Brian Hart (brianh) (brianh@xxxxxxxxx) <brianh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] CID 15580

Hello,

> On your #1 below, I also think we can forget about the VHT rules now in 11be and just get rid of this paragraph.

I would not delete the 622.10 para shown below, unless we have text

that ensures the condition can never happen.

Brian has been working on making the wording of this BF stuff consistent

across the various PHYs.  We should ensure EHT doesn't introduce

unnecessary divergence.

> On your #2  - not following, of course an AP will not exceed the maximum PPDU duration, why do we need to mention it?

I think it's worth being clear that the max PPDU duration is a constraint.

I wouldn't object to this just being a NOTE, however.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk

Thanks much for working on this CID resolution.

On your #1 below, I also think we can forget about the VHT rules now in 11be and just get rid of this paragraph.

On your #2  - not following, of course an AP will not exceed the maximum PPDU duration, why do we need to mention it?

Thanks,

Ron