Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] TGbe Announcement: Berlin MAC Ad-Hoc Meeting, 6-8 July 2023

Hi Alfred,

I have updated docs 1124 and 1125 based on offline discussions with several members. Could you please add the following docs to the queue?

11-23/1124r3 (LB271 CIDs on TDLS)                        [SP + 1C]

11-23/1125r4 (LB271 Remaining CIDs on TWT)  [SP]

11-23/1276r0 (LB271 Remaining CIDs on TDLS)  [1C]

****

Hi All,

  • I have added in the discussion section of 11-23/1124 the issues with the PM-based approach in handling the TDLS co-ex issue.
  • Based on the feedback received from several members, I have added another option for the resolution to CID 15244. Please let me know if you have any preferences. The two options are also pasted below.

********************************* Start of resolution for CID #15244***********************************

Option-1

TGbe editor: Please add the following paragraph as the new last paragraph in clause 35.3.24.3 (Broadcast TWT operation) (#15244)

(#15244)An AP affiliated with an NSTR mobile AP MLD and operating on the primary link may advertise a broadcast TWT schedule for the other AP affiliated with the same NSTR mobile AP MLD and operating on the nonprimary link by including the TWT element containing the corresponding Broadcast TWT Parameter Set field in the STA Profile field of the Per-STA Profile subelement of the Basic Multi-link element corresponding to the AP operating on the nonprimary link carried in the Beacon frames and Probe Response frame that it transmits on the primary link. The value in the Broadcast TWT Persistence subfield corresponding to the broadcast TWT schedule shall be in reference to the most recent TBTT and BI indicated by the AP operating on the primary link.

TGbe editor: Please revise the first paragraph of clause 35.3.4.4 (Multi-Link element usage in the context of discovery) as the new last paragraph in clause 35.3.24.3 (Broadcast TWT operation) (#15244)

If an AP affiliated with an AP MLD is not in a multiple BSSID set or the AP corresponds to a transmitted BSSID in a multiple BSSID set, then the AP, in a Beacon frame and a Probe Response frame that is not a multi-link probe response that it transmits,

—           shall include the Multi-Link Control field and the Common Info field of the Basic Multi-Link element for the AP MLD as defined in 9.4.2.312.2 (Basic Multi-Link element)

—           shall not include the Link Info field of the Basic Multi-Link element for the AP MLD unless conditions in 35.3.11 (Multi-link procedures for (extended) channel switching and channel quieting) are satisfied or unless the AP is affiliated with an NSTR mobile AP MLD and operating on the primary link, and advertises a broadcast TWT schedule for the other AP affiliated with the same NSTR mobile AP MLD and operating on the nonprimary link.

—           may include a Reconfiguration Multi-Link element as defined in 9.4.2.312.4 (Reconfiguration Multi- Link element) and 35.3.6 (ML reconfiguration).

Option-2

TGbe editor: Please add the following paragraphs as the new last two paragraphs in clause 35.3.24.3 (Broadcast TWT operation) (#15244)

(#15244) If an AP affiliated with an NSTR mobile AP MLD and operating on the primary link intends to advertise a broadcast TWT schedule for the AP affiliated with the same NSTR mobile AP MLD and operating on the nonprimary link, then the AP operating on the primary link may advertise the schedule on the primary link and indicate that the schedule is an aligned schedule by setting the Aligned subfield of the Request Type field in the corresponding Broadcast TWT Parameter set field to 1.

NOTE 1--Since an NSTR mobile AP MLD can have a maximum of two links (the primary link and the nonprimary link), a non-AP MLD associated with the NSTR mobile AP MLD that receives the advertisement of the aligned schedule, through Beacon and Probe Response frames transmitted on the primary link, can uniquely identify the presence of the aligned schedule on the nonprimary link.

(#15244) A STA affiliated with a non-AP MLD associated with an NSTR mobile AP MLD that is operating on the nonprimary link, while sending a TWT request to the AP affiliated with the NSTR mobile AP MLD and operating on the nonprimary link, for requesting membership of the aligned schedule on the nonprimary link, shall use the same Broadcast TWT ID that is used to identify the aligned schedule advertised on the primary link.

Best

Rubayet