[STDS-802-11-TGBE] Resolution for CID 19792

Hi All,

We discussed the resolution for CID 19792 during this morning’s TGbe joint call and there was a request to defer the resolution so that members could review it offline. I am initiating this email as a follow-up and to answer any questions members may have.

The resolution is not proposing anything new. The text is consistent with the rules in clause 35.3.8.4 (see below snippet). The proposed text clarifies that an rTWT capable non-AP STA that is associated with a nonTxBSSID determines the rTWT schedule of all the APs in the set by parsing the TWT IE carried in the TxBSSID’s Beacon/Probe. As a result, the baseline inheritance rule will not apply to the TWT IE carried outside the MBSSID IE.

I have copied the proposed text to help with your review. I made a couple of minor tweaks based on offline feedback:

An R-TWT scheduled STA (see 35.8.1) that is associated with an AP corresponding to the nontransmitted BSSID in a multiple BSSID set shall not apply inheritance rules specified in 11.1.3.8.4 to the TWT element(s) carried outside the Multiple BSSID element in a Beacon frame or a Probe Response frame transmitted by the AP corresponding to the transmitted BSSID in the same multiple BSSID set.

NOTE: An R-TWT scheduled STA that is associated with an AP corresponding to a nontransmitted BSSID in a multiple BSSID set determines the R-TWT schedule(s) belonging to any AP in the multiple BSSID set by parsing the R-TWT parameter set(s) carried within the TWT element(s) outside the Multiple BSSID element (see 35.8.4.1).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to improve the above text.

Regards,
Abhi