[STDS-802-11-TGBE] CID 19728

Hi Liwen,

Thanks for presenting 11-23/1514r0. As I said in the meeting, I do not understand the rejection reason (yellow highlighted part) well.

19728

568

31

Is it not clear that once the initial control frame transmitted by the AP, all the links whose link IDs correspond to the bits in the EMLMR Link Bitmap subfield set to 1 are enabled or some of the links whose IDs correspond to the bits in the EMLMR Link Bitmap subfield set to 1 are enabled?

Please clarify that after the initial frame sent by the AP, it is to enable all links whose corresponding bits in the EMLMR Link Bitmap subfield are set to 1 or it can enable part of links whose corresponding bits in the EMLMR Link Bitmap subfield are set to 1 .

Rejected

Discussion:  the initial control frame has no influence to the EMLMR links being enabled or disabled. The EMLMR links being enabled or disabled are decided by the TID-to-link mapping.

1. It is indicated in the subclause 35.3.18 that the enabled links are determined by the EMLMR Link Bitmap subfield of the EML Control field of the EML Operating Mode Notification frame. Now my question is what is the purpose of transmitting the EML Operating Mode Notification frame? Is this frame used to enable EMLMR links?

35.3.18 Enhanced MLMR Operation

2. It seems to me that TID-to-Link mapping is applicable to any non-AP MLD. Is it specifically used for the EMLMR link enabling? What is the setting relationship between the TID-to-Link mapping and the EMLMR Link Bitmap?

Thanks,

Zinan