Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11be CR doc 24/699

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback and thanks for your offline discussion as well.

Brian and I did discuss and highlighted the scenario we are trying to address with this proposal. You were unwilling to acknowledge and discuss the specific scenario itself. You indicated that you are willing to work on alternatives where AP does not reject the association. In my last email I asked you how the AP should handle the scenario when the max STA limit is reached, but didn't get a response from you.

We indicated to you that this scenario happens today in AP products and we are trying to find a better solution for MLO in this case instead of just rejecting the Association. APs hardware can reach Max_STA limit and then can't accept the association. You didn't acknowledge this scenario. AP knows which other affiliated APs/AP MLD can provide association, so it makes sense for it to recommend those. It is quite a straightforward extension really.

Again, you keep insisting that this proposal results in association rejection, which is not correct. This does not result in causing more association failures, any association rejection are based on already defined status codes in baseline and 11be, and we are not changing those. This proposes to assist STA to associate faster by recommending where to go next in case current AP can't accept association. So, really the ultimate goal is to help STA connect faster.

Thanks,
Binita