发件人: Chris Beg [mailto:chris.beg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 2022年1月25日 4:52
收件人: STDS-802-11-TGBF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; durui (D) <ray.du@xxxxxxxxxx>
抄送: Chris Beg <chris.beg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
主题: Re: 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBF] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBF] 答复: Discussion for 20/1288 (TCIR) and the motion

Hi Rui,

[Chris] In relation to your earlier comments on the two main reasons to apply TCIR (utilizing all information, and unambiguity range for sensing), do you agree this relates to both a SNR benefit (by utilizing all information compared to subsampling), and the opportunity for better compression (by removing redundancy and representing the channel with only the relevant or pulses of interest)?

[Rui Du] Yes, Chris. I think you provide very clear summaries here, thank you.
The SNR benefit comes from using all the information(subcarriers) already have at receiver.
And compression comes from the redundancy removal in time domain (the redundancy in time domain is very clear).

[Chris] With that, in the case of higher bandwidths (like 40, 80, 160 MHz), would the compression and SNR advantages of TCIR become more pronounced, less pronounced, or stay the same?

[Rui Du] I personally think both advantage stay the 'same'.
[1] Compression
Range resolution improves with bandwidth increases linearly. With larger bandwidth, the feedback size of TCIR also increases linearly.
The feedback size of TCIR can be calculated (roughly) with the following equation.
𝑁=𝑅_𝑖𝑛𝑡/∆𝑅
where 𝑅_𝑖𝑛𝑡 is the range of interest and ∆𝑅 is the range resolution(improves linearly with bandwidth increase). So, for a certain range of interest, the feedback size of TCIR increases linearly with bandwidth increases.
And, for the certain Ng, the number of subcarriers also increases (roughly) linearly with bandwidth increases.
Based on the discussions above, the compression advantages stay the same with bandwidth increases.
[2] SNR benefit
As you summarized, this benefit comes from the if all information(subcarriers) are utilized or not. No matter the bandwidth (20/40/80/160 MHz), the ratio between subcarriers' number without grouping(Ng=1) and subcarriers' number after grouping (Ng>1) is same (decided by the Ng). So, I think the relative SNR benefit between TCIR(Ng=1) and grouped CSI(Ng>1) is same with different bandwidths.

Thanks and regards,
-Chris