Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBF] share the CR contribution

HI Dongguk and Chaoming,

Thanks for the comments and discussion.

I have a similar CID (#3296/#3297) that I’m working on, however it covers the section 11.55.1.5.2.4 text identified by Chaoming, and the equivalent NDPA text in 11.55.1.5.2.3.

The partial TSF is required when there are unassociated STAs participating, since it saves them having to keep coming back to receive the beacon.

There is also a constraint that un unassociated STA shall set the Poll Required bit (section 11.55.1.3 P137.49), and therefore a Polling phase will be present.

The suggestion by Chaoming of ONLY including it for unassociated responders would indeed be the easiest resolution.

Are there any cases where we may want to provide the Partial TSF to associated STAs (e.g., long sleep interval between receiving beacons)?

Another simple option could be to make the Partial TSF mandatory when unassociated STAs are participating, but not exclude the option of adding it for exchanges that begin with a polling phase.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks and regards,

-Chris