[STDS-802-11-TGBH] Identity Resolver Key Bluetooth LE

I have been looking at Bluetooth Low Energy BLE and noticed that it also uses random (private) addresses.  It does, however, have a “resolvable Private Address” using an IRK (Identity Resolving Key).  “If a resolvable private address is resolved, the device can associate this address with the peer device.”

I attach excerpts out of the BT Spec on this in the hope it may trigger some ideas or provide an explanation.

Now I am not a security expert and I do not yet fully understand this, but my thought is that maybe someone in the “bh” community has some knowledge of this, or can comment on whether we could do something similar?

Just a thought.

Graham