Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBH] TGbh discussion on scope/requirements and use case applicability

Hi Mark,

Yes that sounds a good idea.

As I found when looking at the IRMA solution, it could be used in some of the Use Cases that were classed as “out of scope”.  The point being that it worked if the user opted-in.  Also, Use Case 4.17 (Lawful Surveillance) has been classed as “out-of-scope” but in fact is important in that any solution must ‘protect against’ this Use Case and keep the protection as good as or better than the purely random MAC as per the current Spec.

Also, for Section 6, I suspect that Tables will not work, but that each  Case needs a response from the proposers of each solution, warts and all.

I do agree that discussing the Use Cases is now not that useful, we need to discuss the proposals, see if we have any acceptance, see if we want to have more than one option, see if any way of combining etc.  For example the solution must satisfy at least 4.2 and protect against 4.17.  That may be good enough.

Thanks

Graham