Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBH] CIDs 23, 135 and 224

Hi Graham, thanks for the quick reply.
See my comments below please

On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 at 16:04, G Smith <gsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Antonio,

That resolution only covers CID 23 but does not really cover the other CIDs, except to say, “no problem”.

[AO] you are right, it does not cover the others completely, but we need to sync all of them

< IRM enables an AP to recognize that a STA has been associated previously to the AP, therefore not providing any identification>

I feel that the IRM does identify the STA and the AP may well have lined up some credentials for it, such as allowing to associate.

[AO] In my understanding IRM does NOT identify anything, if recognised it denotes the STA has been associated before, that is all. In fact I do not agree on using IRM to allow ing association, for example.
Regarding your proposal on the status code, I am ok with it.
Thanks!

CIDs 135 and 224 cover the case of no agreement and I thought the TG was leaning towards a status code?     I was asked to look into that.

Here is a possible proposal for CIDs 135 and 224 if we choose that route.  Probably needs some word smithing.

CIDs 135, 224  - What if the IRM and Device ID match to different devicesGra

Graham