Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBH] Vote verification from TGbh EVE today

  Sad. I think the 11bh draft is pretty useless as is and will be surprised if anyone actually uses it if it gets published like this. I'll remain a negative voter if my comments are rejected.

  Regarding the "security issue" that was raised if the 4way HS failed and a new device ID was unable to be given, let me note that if the 4way HS fails that pretty much means your PMKSA has soured which means you go back to the start. Now on the off chance that you, the non-AP STA, feel compelled to try again with the device ID that your association failed with, what is this "security issue"? A tracker will notice that the same device ID was used immediately after a 4way HS? So? I mean, that's like a single randomized MAC address being used for an association. Yes, the tracker sees that someone is there and is able to determine that someone is still there. So what? It doesn't learn the long term ID. It isn't able to connect that ID to any other use. That issue is completely contrived and bogus.

  Dan.

--

"the object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to

escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." – Marcus Aurelius