From: Minyoung Park <mpark.ieee@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2024 6:18 PM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGBN] NPCA SP feedback

You don't often get email from mpark.ieee@xxxxxxxxx. Learn why this is important

Hi all,

We ran the following SP in TGbn and the result was 99Y,42N,26A. Since the SP doesn't record the votes, I'm sending this email asking members who voted 'No' to please reach out to me so that we can resolve your concerns.

SP on NPCA:
Do you support to define in 11bn a mode of operation that enables a STA to access the secondary channel while the primary channel is known to be busy due to OBSS traffic or other TBD conditions?

–      The mode of operation shall not assume that the STA is capable to detect or decode a frame and obtain NAV information of the secondary channel concurrently with the primary channel.

–      A BSS shall only have a single NPCA primary channel (name TBD) on which the STA contends while the primary channel of the BSS is known to be busy due to OBSS traffic or other TBD conditions.

Note: Discussed in several sessions and several submissions discuss similar concept, ref: 11-23/2005r1, 11-23/2023r1, 11-24/70r1, 11-24/458r0, 11-24/486r0, 11-24/538r0, 11-23/1935r1, 11-23/1913r2, 11-23/1911r0

Regards,

Minyoung