Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] 11-20/1313r2 on BSS Max Idle Period posted on server

Hello all,

As discussed in the meeting, Naveen Kakani from Qualcomm request me to delay the consideration of the document for adoption. The reasons were:

1.       Low Cost APs (Host functionality is limited, primarily FW seems to be processing all the IEs), and carrier APs that JMC keeps referring to primarily that are not confirming to specs to begin with.

2.       capability indication would be useful is for roaming purposes, e.g. to know in advance whether an AP will support an individually requested Max BSS Idle Period

He also requested me to create another version of the contribution with the capability bit related text.

To avoid confusion with multiple versions of the documents, I have added the text related with the capability bit in an Appendix. My hope was to have a straw poll on the capability bit and if the groups decision is to include it, then have a motion to incorporate the text in the main as well as in the appendix.

My own opinion is I could go either way as I am not philosophically against adding another bit. I do not believe it makes a great deal of difference in terms of implementation either.

The updated document is 11-20-1313r8.

Thanks.

Regards,

srini