Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] Fwd: [STDS-802-11-TGM] Resolution to CID 116

Hello Nehru,

> The timer is already set in the bogus/invalid case - nothing needs to be done. My comment in the email 'set(again)' is a bit lax, but the proposed text, which replaces the corresponding paragraph, is correct per my understanding (of course).

Ah, I see.  Then I think

Upon receipt of a Com event, if the Status is nonzero, the frame shall be silently discarded, and the protocol instance shall remain in the Confirmed state. Otherwise, If Sync is greater than dot11RSNASAESync, the protocol instance shall send the parent process a Del event and transitions back to Nothing state. If Sync is not greater than dot11RSNASAESync, the protocol instance shall verify that the finite cyclic group is the same as the previously received SAE Commit message. If the verification fails, the frame shall be silently discarded. Otherwise, the protocol instance shall increment Sync, increment Sc, transmit its SAE Commit message and its SAE Confirm message with the new Sc value, and set the t0 (retransmission) timer.

addresses (modulo small editorials, e.g. ", If" -> ", if",

"transitions" -> "transition", "same as" -> "same as in")

the "if … if … if not … verify … if not … if so … then …" confusion.

There are still the other issues with "the Status", "the frame" and

possible missing silent discard at the Del event step, but these can

be dealt with in D1.0.

How about 12.4.8.6.3?  This has similar problems with unclear structuring,

I think:

Upon receipt of a Com event, the protocol instance shall check the Status of the Authentication frame. If the

Status code is not SUCCESS, the frame shall be silently discarded and a Del event shall be sent to the parent

process. Otherwise, the frame shall be processed by first checking whether a password identifier is present.

If so and there is no password associated with that identifier, BadID shall be set and the protocol instance

shall construct and transmit an Authentication frame with Status Code set to

UNKNOWN_PASSWORD_IDENTIFIER. If there is no password identifier present or if a password is

associated with that identifier, the frame shall be processed by next checking the finite cyclic group field to see

if the requested group is supported. If not, BadGrp shall be set and the protocol instance shall construct and

transmit an Authentication frame with Status code UNSUPPORTED_FINITE_CYCLIC_GROUP indicating

rejection with the finite cyclic group field set to the rejected group, and shall send the parent process a Del

event. If the group is supported, the protocol instance shall zero the Sc and Rc counters and it shall generate the

PWE and the secret values according to 12.4.5.2 (PWE and secret generation). It shall then process the

received SAE Commit message (see 12.4.5.4 (Processing of a peer’s SAE Commit message)). If validation of

the received SAE Commit message fails, the protocol instance shall send a Del event to the parent process;

otherwise, it shall construct and transmit an SAE Commit message (see 12.4.5.3 (Construction of an SAE

Commit message)) followed by an SAE Confirm message (see 12.4.5.5 (Construction of an SAE Confirm

message)). The Sync counter shall be set to 0 and the t0 (retransmission) timer shall be set. The protocol

instance transitions to Confirmed state.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk