Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] 11me/D1.0 CIDs 1985, 1986, 1535, 1419, 2187, 1536 ("STA is permitted to begin a TXOP" and "STA shall perform exactly one of the following actions" and "each EDCAF shall perform one and only one of the following actions")

Looks good to me.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 2:22 AM Menzo Wentink <menzow@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Works for me, thanks Mark.

Menzo

From: Mark Rison <m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, September 5, 2022 at 10:27
To: Menzo Wentink <menzow@xxxxxxxxxxx>, STDS-802-11-TGM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-11-TGM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-11-TGM] 11me/D1.0 CIDs 1985, 1986, 1535, 1419, 2187, 1536 ("STA is permitted to begin a TXOP" and "STA shall perform exactly one of the following actions" and "each EDCAF shall perform one and only one of the following actions")

Maybe delete the part in brackets, because it is not entirely clear if this pertains only to ‘choose not to transmit’ or also to ‘initiate TXOP’:

initiate a transmission sequence TXOP or choose not to transmit (which results in invocation of the backoff procedure as specified in 10.23.2.2 (EDCA backoff procedure)

or, change along the lines of

initiate a transmission sequence TXOP or do not transmit and invoke the backoff procedure as specified in 10.23.2.2 (EDCA backoff procedure) (see 10.23.2.2 item g2)

I added the parenthesis to match the "each EDCAF shall report an internal collision" para.

Arguably it applies to the initiate TXOP case too: however the TXOP

ends, backoff will happen.  I am not happy with your second proposal

because we have or/and precedence ambiguity and it does not match the

"internal collision" form.  But would you be OK with:

At each of the above-described specific slot boundaries, each EDCAF shall either choose not to transmit (which results in invocation of the backoff procedure as specified in 10.23.2.2 (EDCA backoff procedure)) or initiate a transmission sequence TXOP if

?

For the note perhaps add that there might be other reasons as well:

NOTE—An EDCAF might choose not to transmit if the available bandwidth (based on the state of the secondary channel(s)) is insufficient for its purposes, or for other reasons.

Perhaps use ‘for’ instead of ‘on’ in

e) Transmit nothing and Restart the channel access attempt by invokeing the backoff procedure on for the EDCAF

I'm fine with these.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk