Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] 11me/D4.0 CID 6171 -- BA modification

Hi Mark-san,

Thank you for re-starting this discussion.

Adding restriction to only allow modification to the timeout will be a new rule.

By the text changes that you proposed below, it does not step in how the parameters other than the timeout value should be.

So, it looks as though the originator can set any values to those parameters and the recipient is required to figure out whether there is an existing agreement, and if there is, then to adopt only the timeout value, which will be an additional new behavior.

BTW, is modification to timeout value really useful?

In the 11e days, there was only full state BA and it might have been useful to adjust the time to free up memory after starting the operation.

But now by partial state being introduced, does it still really matter?

> When we discussed CID 4341, it became clear that it was not clear how

> modification of any of the parameters of a BA agreement except the

> inactivity timeout would behave.

Sorry to repeat, but my understanding is, when the modification is accepted, the parameters are re-initialized/overwritten.

Best regards,

tomo