[STDS-802-11] HEW Dcoumet Consolidation

Hello All,

As we discussed last week in Nanjing our goal is to consolidate the many submissions on different aspects of HEW in a few documents that we all contribute to their development. I suggest a good starting point is to attempt to consolidate HEW simulation scenarios since this topic has perhaps received the largest number of submissions.

After reviewing those submissions I noticed some have already used the template defined in doc 11-13/1001r2 to describe a particular simulation scenario (e.g. large stadium). A straw poll conducted last week indicated that there is a reasonable consensus (59/0/54) on the use of this template (I admit there are many abstain, but we need to move ahead).

A couple of submissions (11-13/1114) and (11-13/1176) have proposed changes to the simulation scenarios category table in doc 11-13/1000r2 and adding simulation scenarios to 11-13/1001r2 related to P2P, sticky clients, dense AP/STA deployments, etc. Submission 11-13/1153 has also provided additional views on adding interference sources and other issues. My guess is shortage of meeting time did not allow us to have a good discussion on the proposed changes. Additionally no straw polls were requested by the authors.

My suggestion is to start with doc 11-13/1001r2 and we all work together toward adding any needed changes and complete the simulation scenarios defined there. Any proposed changes should be formatted using the proposed template for easier inclusion in the document (11-13/1001). As we progress, I am sure the author list will grow as more people participate.

For the telecon scheduled for October 9 (10:00 ET), I suggest dedicating it to the simulation scenarios discussion. We can start with a revisit to 11-13/1114, 11-13/1176, and 11-13/1153 (if authors are available) and see how much consensus we have on the proposed changes. New (or revisit of old submissions) are also welcome as long as we adhere to the template.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Osama.