[STDS-802-11] FCC 15-47 response

All:

Last week we approved a response to the FCC in the Report & Order and Second FNPRM on the 3.5 GHz band. It is now up for discussion on the EC telecon. After conversations with people who have been involved in the discussions with the FCC on this for the past two years, and who will be operating a Spectrum Access System (SAS) and installing an Environmental Sensing Capability (ESC) to reduce the exclusion zones, it now appears that these enhancements, as well as the resolution of some of the FSS protection zone issues, there may be more hope than we expressed in our comments.

As a result, I sent a note to the EC to consider adding this one line to the end of the conclusion. It does not change our comments:

“IEEE 802 will continue to monitor progress towards resolving the exclusion zone and FSS protection limitations, and will re-evaluate our position as conditions dictate.”

I am asking for you to consider this addition and letting me know ASAP, if you have any objections to it.

Thank you.

Rich Kennedy

Manager, New Technology Development

MediaTek Inc.

rich.kennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

(832) 298-1114

Wi-Fi Alliance Spectrum & Regulatory TG Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance White Spaces TTG Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance White Spaces MTG Vice-chair

IEEE802.11 TGaf (WLAN in White Spaces) Chair

IEEE802.11/15 Regulatory SC Chair

IEEE 802.11/18 Liaison