Re: [STDS-802-11] IEEE 802 PDED ad hoc: call for agenda items

G’day all

Some updates on activities in IEEE 802.11 PDED next week

·         We will be hearing a presentation on simulations that I understand show accepting 3GPP’s request of an ED of -72dBm is not a great idea

o   The document will be uploaded towards the end of the week

·         A draft of a proposed LS to 3GPP RAN1 in relation to PDED issue is in development as agreed at the last teleconference

o   The draft  will be uploaded towards the end of the week

·         The IEEE 802.11 Chair has asked the IEEE 802 PDED ad hoc to consider a response to 3GPP RAN1’s LS 16-11-1343

o   My intuition is either we should:

§  Do nothing

§  Send a response highlighting the important of closing these issues before Rel 13 is completed and encouraging 3GPP RAN1 to send up proposals for closing them ASAP

o   Other views are invited

o   Note: the original LS was from IEEE 802 and developed in IEEE 802.19

Andrew