[STDS-802-11] Fwd: [802.15-GENERAL-LIST] Sub 1GHz coexistence interest group

Hello all presently attending the interim in Warsaw.   For those who may have an interest in systems using sub-1GHz bands, there is an interest group this week in 802.19 focusing on coexistence between 802.15.4 and 802.11 systems in the sub-1GHz band.  The meeting times are:

Tuesday AM2
Wednesday AM1

Background:  In January and March, presentations were given in 802.19 providing simulation studies of impacts of 802.11ah and 802.15.4g systems operating in the same radio sphere of influence (SoI).  The results are quite interesting, showing that there is potential interference that can severely impact the operation of each service.  The purpose of the interest group is to further study the coexistence issues and determine what steps may be taken by 802 WGs to enable and promote positive coexistence,.

If you would like agenda time please let me know and I will allocate time.

thanks and looking forward to interesting discussions!

-Ben

802.19 Sub-1GHz interest group Chair

--

--