Re: [STDS-802-11] Results of WG11 Polls regarding November 2021 and January 2022 sessions

  A little perspective after these results. Of course your country may vary (and odds of death by gun assault in the USA is not indicative of the same elsewhere) but largely these numbers should play out roughly the same in most large, modern, societies. Check the attached for references.

  Death of a vaccinated person from COVID: 1 in 137,698

  Death by lightning strike: 1 in 138,849

  Death from sunstroke: 1 in 8,248

  Death by choking on food: 1 in 2,535

  etc.

Now who goes around orienting their life over the possibility of getting struck by lightning? No one! And we would look with concern at someone who was that obsessed over such a minute risk that he or she stopped living his or her life. Indeed, such a person would be an object of ridicule up to the time he or she was involuntarily committed for a mental evaluation. While death by choking on food is orders of magnitude more probable than a vaccinated person dying of COVID, we still seem to eat with abandon and with little concern for the risk involved.

  Risk management is what people do all the time and have done since time immemorial. We should get back to it with COVID.

  Dan.

--

"the object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to

escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." – Marcus Aurelius