[STDS-802-11] AIML use case and features presentation to the UHR SG

Dear UHR SG members and AIML TIG members,

As discussed in the AIML TIG, I have submitted a presentation to the UHR SG regarding AIML use cases and features for considerations by the UHR SG. Hopefully the contribution can be presented during the July Berlin meeting.

The contribution summarizes the AIML use cases that have been motioned into the AIML TIG technical report, as well as two additional use cases that are currently under discussion. I plan to run two straw polls to gauge the interests of UHR SG members in studying/working on these AIML use cases and associated features in UHR SG and potentially in 802.11bn TG when it starts operation in November.

The first draft of the contribution has been uploaded to mentor and can be found at:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/23/11-23-0924-01-0uhr-aiml-use-cases-and-features-for-wlan.pptx

In addition, you can find the draft of the AIML TIG technical report that has passed the motion at:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/22/11-22-0987-07-aiml-aiml-tig-technical-report-draft.doc

In the technical report, detailed information of four AIML use cases and associated standards impact and KPIs can be found.

In addition, the detailed information of the two additional AIML use cases that are currently under discussion can be found in the following contributions:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/23/11-23-0227-05-aiml-proposed-ieee-802-11-aiml-tig-technical-report-text-for-the-multi-ap-coordination-use-case.docx

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/23/11-23-1072-01-aiml-aiml-methodology-for-dynamic-spectrum-sharing-and-coexistence.docx

I would encourage the UHR SG members to look at this contribution and the associated documents to consider whether AIML related features should be studied/worked on in the UHR SG.

I would also encourage AIML TIG members to attend the UHR session for discussions. The detailed timing would be available once the UHR SG agenda is announced.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Xiaofei Clement Wang

Principal Engineer | InterDigital