From: Marianna Goldhammer
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 4:56 PM
To: STDS-802-16-Listserv (E-mail)
Subject: [LE Ad-Hoc] - Call for Contributions

Dear Collegues,

According to our discussions during the 802.16 Session 31, we
 should now pass to a more difficult phase: propose solutions.

I remind you that 4 areas were identified:

1. Dynamic Channel Selection (DCS), based on interference
    threshold
2. Time separation between systems
3. Inter-operator coordination
4. Cognitive Radio

Contributions are solicited, including:

- Principles for solutions, addressing the above areas, and targeting
 systems implementing IEEE 802.16 and IEEE 802.11 standards.
 For DCS and inter-operator co-ordination, a deeper analysis may
 be done, showing the relation between DCS power threshold and
 spatial separation between systems, in 2.4/5.8GHz bands.

- Parameters for proposal evaluation, as for example: user density,
  frequency reuse factor, channel bandwidth, antenna gain and
  radiation envelope, etc.

The contributions should be up-loaded in 802.16 WG area, and
announced by an e-mail to 802.16 e-mail group, the subject starting
 with [LE Ad-Hoc]. I kindly ask those having the intention to write a
 contribution to announce the subject to the group or myself.

Having in mind that the next meeting starts on July 12, will be good to
 have a first round of contributions by June 27. This will give us the
 possibility to comment, and have more consolidated submissions
 for the July meeting.

For those of you looking to understand more about "Cognitive Radio",
 I up-loaded in the IEEE 802.16 / le up-load area some documents:

- FCC: Cognitive Radio NPRM
- DARPA: 3 documents explaining DARPA XG Vision.

If somebody have interesting documents to share, please up-load
 in the same server area.

Kind Regards,

      Marianna Goldhammer
        802.16 LE Ah-Hoc Chair

This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com