IEEE 802.16 Publicity Committee
This committee had the mission of raising the industry awareness of 802.16, its activities, and its successes. It is not currently active.
Its primary tasks are:
The Committee is welcome to propose additional tasks.
- Preparing press releases for approval of the Working Group by vote. (Press releases must be approved by the 802 Executive Committee at a meeting or by email ballot before they may be submitted to the IEEE Standards Association for release. The Executive Committee expects that a proposed press release will first have been approved by the Working Group.
- Encouraging and coordinating supporting announcements by companies or other organizations which are involved 802.16 or plan to make use of its work.
- Compiling and maintaining a list of hyperlinks to press releases, news stories, and other reports which mention 802.16.
IEEE-SA News Releases on IEEE 802.16
- 6 December 2001
- Approval of IEEE Standard 802.16 Sets Stage for Growth of Metropolitan Area Networks Using Fixed Broadband Wireless [also issued as an external press release]
- 20 March 2001
- IEEE 802.16 Group Achieves Key Milestones
- 16 January 2001
- New IEEE WirelessHUMANTM Project Developing Standards for Fixed Wireless Access in License-Exempt Bands
- 20 November 2000
- IEEE 802.16 Group Makes Key Decisions on Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- 19 April 1999
- IEEE P802 LMSC Launches New Working Group, P802.16, on Broadband Wireless Access
Dean Chang (Chair)
Return to 802.16 Page