stds-80220-ch-models: Welcome

Modelers,

Welcome to the IEEE 802.20 Mobile Broadband Wireless Access (MBWA)
traffic and channel modeling correspondence group.

Please read contribution 802.20-03-10

    http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/20/WG_Docs/802.20-03-10.pdf

(slide 3) stating general guidelines for the group.  Group-specific
information and guidelines are listed below.

Our milestones are ambitious, time-wise, but let's see what we can
get accomplished.

Feel free to contact me with questions or concerns. E-mail preferred,
but by all means call if necessary. (MT time zone = ET - 2).

Regards,

Glenn Golden
MBWA modeling correspondence group chair
Flarion Technologies, Inc.
303-402-1607
gdg at flarion dot com

GOAL
  The goal of the group is to produce baseline documents (one for
  traffic modeling, one for channel modeling) which are then brought
  to the full Working Group for formal submission.

  Milestones along the way, as requested by the WG co-vice-chair, are
  to have a consensus contribution specifying model sets by July, and
  a final version in September.

  The general guidelines specify that dissenting text can be part
  of what we come up with; hence my general plan of action, in order
  to keep things moving at a good pace, is to have the editors use
  their judgement to quickly home in on a "relative consensus", without
  being too egalitarian, while ensuring that dissenters' views are
  represented as alternative text.

EDITORSHIPS
  Qiang Guo {qiangguo at motorola dot com} will be editor for the channel
  modeling sub-group. (This may later be split into MIMO and SISO working
  groups.) Qiang works in the Advanced Technologies Division of Motorola
  and has been actively involved in wireless communication systems for more
  than 8 years. He has participated in IEEE 802 and 3GPP standards activities.

  Discussions are ongoing with a potential candidate for editorship of
  the traffic modeling sub-group. We'll know by the end of this week if
  he can take the position. If not, I'll be seeking volunteers for this.

  The editor's job is to organize the submitted document chunks into
  a single working document, taking into account the "relative consensus"
  mentioned above.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
  When submitting to the mailing list, please try to stick to the following
  informal "rules of engagement":

    - On the "Subject" line of your email, indicate which modeling sub-
      group the message is intended for by preceding it with either
      "TFC:" or "CHAN:".

    - Make the subject lines informative. Having three weeks worth of
      submissions with the subject line "Re: CHAN: Bob's earlier comments"
      is not useful.

    - Please make all submissions (exclusive of attachments) as unformatted
      ascii text (MIME type "text/plain"), with explicit line breaks of
      reasonable length.

    - Submit documents or document pieces (other than small inline text
      pieces) as MIME-compliant attachments in the simplest possible
      format consistent with the needs of the document. E.g., plain text
      in preference to RTF; RTF in preference to MSWord (for read/write
      documents); PDF in preference to PostScript (for 'read-only' documents.)

    - Please have respect for the editors' time by submitting suggested
      text in reasonably polished form. The editor's primary job is
      organizing the pieces into a coherent whole, not wordsmithing and
      spell-correcting text.