stds-80220-requirements: Contribution

Title:
To the requirements group:

The attached document is an update of the contribution made on 6 June by Joanne Wilson.  We have added text, indicated in blue (at least as my copy of Word is set up) as well as comments and questions set off as >>>>our comment<<<<.

Our most significant content additions are that the standard should allow easy upgrade to wider channels as they become available in the future, and we should minimize differences between 802.20 FDD and TDD implementations.

In the form of the document, specified by the original table of contents rather than Joanne's additions, the division into system and functional requirements results in  duplication of many clauses.  This duplication could be reduced by having functional requirements (what the standardized equipment should do)and performance sections (how fast it should do it).

Jim Mollenauer
Scott Migaldi

TOC-Scott&Jim-Rev2-2.doc