MIH reference model

Hi all,

I tried to come up with a document that provides an alternative way to
represent the MIH Function and its interactions with other layers. The
goal was to completely avoid the possibility of thinking of the MIH
Function as a layer, and to show that the MIH Function can interact with
any layer of the protocol stack to facilitate handovers.
I then made a focus on the command service, showing that CS could
command any layer within a stack (link layers or "IP and above" layers).
This would allow more granularity in the control of handovers (Network
Controlled or Mobile Controlled HOs).

This is a first draft of this document and I hope to be able to refine
it with the help of interested 802.21 people.

Comments and questions are very welcome.

Regards,

Mathieu

MIH.doc