RE: [802.21] Ad hoc telecon for Dec 13th

MIHF
> entities) to different local MIH Users within a MN/UE.
> >
> > Any thoughts on what the MIHF Identifier should be? (New unique
> identifier, L2/L3 address, etc...?)
> > Should this be part of the MIH Function protocol (as shown in
current
> draft) or is this likely to be specified as part of transport specific
> header as well and so is not required in MIHF header?
>
> If the MIHF Identifier is L2/L3 address it should be part of transport
> specific header not in the MIHF header.  I see no reason for the MIHF
> Identifier to be something other than L2/L3 address while I think some
> additional identifier may be needed in the MIH header if there are
> multiple simultaneous MIH sessions between a pair of communicating
> MIHFs.

[Vivek G Gupta]
Yoshi, I agree.
MIHF identifier is more of a MIHF session identifier.
The transport header should take care of appropriate L2/L3 address as
well as identifying appropriate MIH port type (or MIHF identifier) for
dispatching within a node.

Best Regards
-Vivek