RE: Power Management over heterogeneous HO

Daniel,

The current 802.21 draft does indeed provide mechanisms to help with
power consumption of multi-mode handsets into account. The IS provides
information about available networks that are good handover candidates
and this information can be used to power up relevant radios as and when
they become available(as opposed to keeping them powered on at all times
and spending power in scanning etc.). So there is no real need to enable
all wireless interfaces at same time regardless of current link
connection or available networks in a particular area.

However if you have any other ideas for effective power management
please do let us know.

Best Regards
-Vivek