[802.3_1PPODL] January Meeting Plans

Dear Task Force Participants,

First off, I want to thank Dave Dwelley and David Law for trusting me to bring this project to a successful closure next year. I have confidence we can do that as we are positioned well with a solid draft and appropriate timeline for completion.

As my first official action as "acting Chair" for this Task Force, I wish to solicit feedback from 802.3bu on the following survey at the bottom.

We have been taking the first day of the meeting week to meet, then when complete passing the room and activity to 802.3bt to avoid overlapping and potentially taking away from either project's ability to complete their work. The chairman of 802.3bt (Chad) has approached me to see if we are OK with moving to a Wednesday start rather than Monday, and getting our work done mid-week.

Our editor (Andy) and a few others have responded to the question on the 802.3bt reflector, as well as some direct emails from people pointing out that this is our first meeting after going to Working Group Ballot (soon) and therefore we may want to withold any scheduling changes until we get a feel for the time required to complete our comment resolution. This point holds a lot of weight with me, however, I would appreciate any feedback you can give in the next day or so before we finalize an 802.3bu position to share with 802.3bt.

The position will not be binding as we don't really have a mechanism for such, but as chair I will take feedback into consideration when making a decision as to how to best advance the progress of our project.

Feel free to respond directly to me, or to the reflector with your position on this question.

A) All day Monday - Ending Tuesday AM?
B) All day Tuesday - Ending Wednesday AM?
C) All day Wednesday - Ending Thursday AM?

Regards,

Dan Dove
Chief Consultant
Dove Networking Solutions