[802.3_B10GAUTO] FW: Regarding D3.0 comments 65, 134, and 135

From: Ragnar Jonsson
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2023 11:55 AM
To: STDS-802-3-NGAUTO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Regarding D3.0 comments 65, 134, and 135

All,

As discussed in today’s 802.3cy comment resolution meeting, George and I reviewed the following paragraph on page 66, lines 18-22:

Alert, a four RS-FEC frame long sequence (alert_length), shall start four frames after the beginning of any eighth RS-FEC frame counting from the start of the QR cycle. The MASTER and SLAVE shall derive the tx_refresh_active and tx_alert_start_next signals from the transmitted RS-FEC frames as shown in Table 165–4 and Table 165–5. When Slow Wake is active, alert can be transmitted in only a single QR cycle location, starting at RS-FEC frame 92.

To help address comments 65, 134, and 135, we suggest changing the paragraph above to

Alert is a four RS-FEC frame long sequence (alert_length). When SlowWakeRequest is not set, alert can be transmitted such that it ends at any eighth RS-FEC frame boundary, counting from the start of the QR cycle (see Figure 165-11). When SlowWakeRequest is set, alert can only be transmitted in a single QR cycle location, starting at RS-FEC frame 92 for master and at RS-FEC frame 44 for slave (see Figure 165-12). The synchronization for the alert signaling is described in tables 165-4 and 165-5.

To address comment 135, I also suggest the following changes

  • P78 L40 – change “immediately following a refresh” to “once per QR cycle (see 165.3.6.1)”
  • P65 L4 – at the end of the line add the following “The alert signal is restricted to starting at predetermined RS-FEC frame count values, where the allowed values depend on if the SlowWakeRequest PHY capability bit is set.”
  • P65 L21 – change “Slow Wake not active” to “SlowWakeRequest is not set
  • P65 L39 – change “Slow Wake active” to “SlowWakeRequest is set
  • P66 L21 – change “Slow Wake is active” to “SlowWakeRequest is set
  • P66 L27 – change “Slow Wake” to “SlowWakeRequest
  • P66 L27 – change “Slow Wake” to “SlowWakeRequest

Ragnar