Re: [802.3_B400G] BER Discussion

Thanks Mark for making this proposal. It seems like a good objective we can further hone as we receive additional contributions on the tradeoffs.

Rob

From: "Cedric Lam ( )" <000011675c2a7243-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 3:14 PM
To: "STDS-802-3-B400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <STDS-802-3-B400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [802.3_B400G] BER Discussion

+1

--

Cedric F. Lam

Cell: +1 (949) 351-2766

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 2:46 PM Mark Gustlin (mgustlin) <00000ca015ef9343-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

One path forward in the study group for the BER objective is to adopt the same objective that we had in 802.3bs:

Support a BER of better than or equal to 10-13 at the MAC/PLS service interface (or the frame loss ratio equivalent)

With the intention to investigate if we can further improve the BER objective without a high cost (power/complexity) once we are into the details of the FEC options, modulation options etc. (in task force).

Thanks, Mark