[802.3_B400G] Liaison from ITU-T RE: OTN Support of Ethernet clients beyond 400 Gb/s

All

This email is to inform you that IEEE 802.3 has received a liaison from ITU-T regarding OTN support of Ethernet clients beyond 400 Gb/s, which may be found at https://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/may21/incoming/SG15-LS314.pdf.  At our last meeting, Mr. Law, our WG Chair, confirmed that this liaison would be assigned to our Study Group for consideration.

Please note that this liaison is also anticipated to be relevant to a presentation we will hear on Monday by Mr. Trowbridge / Mr. Huber, entitled “Further considerations regarding OTN support for Beyond 400 Gb/s Ethernet.”

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Beyond 400 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group