From: Maxim Kuschnerov <00001ce35f779191-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2022 11:34 AM
To: STDS-802-3-B400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_B400G] Oct 2022 Session Unapproved Minutes Posted

This email is from outside of our organization. Exercise caution responding or opening attachments/links.

Hi Chris,

Naturally, I am fully supportive of a discussion which brings out a more realistic approach to dealing with fiber specs, especially the ZDW. Please count me in as a supporter.

Jumping on the bandwagon of your planned contribution, I would also like to reiterate that realistic fiber specifications don’t end at the ZDW. Holding on to older PMD/DGD specs similarly eats away link budget that could be well spent somewhere else. (https://www.ieee802.org/3/df/public/22_10/22_1012/kuschnerov_3df_01b_221012.pdf)

Anyway – looking forward to more industry discussions on these topics. As I learned from Peter, there’s no easy way going about fiber specs…

Best,

Maxim

----

Huawei