[802.3_B400G] 200 Gbps/lane AUI C2M nomenclature

Dear Colleagues,

At the Oct 2022 session, straw polls #1-2 indicated strong support to develop two different 200 Gbps/lane AUI C2M specifications.  Given my love for nomenclature, I took the action item to prepare a contribution for the November plenary that explores a few nomenclature options for consideration by the Task Force.

In my presentation, I make two assumptions for these two AUI C2M interfaces that I would like to circulate in advance of the presentation:
  1. I assume that the TF wants a unique term or designation to distinguish between the two different 200 Gbps/lane AUI C2M specifications
  2. I assume that the TF wants to avoid the OIF reach designation terms to avoid industry confusion

If I missed the mark on these assumptions, please let me know.

I look forward to a spirited discussion at the Plenary on this topic!

With regards,
-Kent