[802.3_B400G] Announcement: Joint IEEE P802.3df / P802.3dj TF Jan 2023 Session - Presentation Request

Title: Announcement: Joint IEEE P802.3df / P802.3dj TF Jan 2023 Session - Presentation Request

Please note we are a contribution driven organization.   It should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without contributions to drive it.  Areas not moving forward will be brought to the attention of the respective Task Force for consideration on how to address.

Dear Task Force Participants,

The IEEE P802.3df and IEEE P802.3dj Task Forces will meet jointly as part of a joint electronic session for January 2023, which has been scheduled for the following days:

·       16 Jan, 9am to 1pm ET

·       17 Jan, 9am to 1pm ET

·       18 Jan, 9am to 1pm ET

·       30 Jan, 9am to 1pm ET

·       31 Jan, 9am to 1pm ET

·       01 Feb, 9am to 1pm ET

·       06 Feb, 9am to 1pm ET

·       07 Feb, 9am to 1pm ET

·       08 Feb, 9am to 1pm ET

The tentative plan is for IEEE P802.3dj to meet the following days: 1) 16 – 18 Jan and 2) 6  - 8 Feb, and for IEEE P802.3df to meet Jan 30 – 31 and Feb 1.  The final agenda will be communicated after review of presentation requests and the number of comments submitted during the second IEEE P802.3df Task Force review.

The agenda for the two task forces for the Jan 2023 session:

·       For the IEEE P802.3df Task Force – the agenda of the session will be to address comments submitted during the second Task Force Review against IEEE P802.3df D1.1.  (Please note that for presentations related to submitted comments, presentation requests need to be made.)

·       For the IEEE P802.3dj Task Force – the agenda of the session includes – confirmation of Task Force Chair / Vice Chair, reaffirmation of motions taken by IEEE P802.3df Task Force relevant to IEEE P802.3dj PAR, presentations related to baselines for objectives.

Presentation requests should address the noted agenda items.  Please note, as discussed during the Dec 2022 session, for the agenda presentations will be prioritized based on the number of individuals with different affiliations noted as authors on the presentation.

This email is the start of a call for presentation time for the Jan 2023 Session.

Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information

Please review Procedure for Presenters web page for IEEE P802.3df: https://www.ieee802.org/3/df/public/presentproc.html

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions  and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.  Furthermore, I encourage individuals to use the Task Force reflector to reach out to others in the spirit of consensus building.  As chair, I reserve the right to introduce individuals making similar topic requests in the continuing spirit of this encouragement.

For the Requests for presentation time shall be made to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by Thursday, Jan 5, 2023, 5pm ET The due date when the presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx will be determined after the review of presentation requests, and for IEEE P802.3dj requests may be as early as Monday, Jan 9, 2023.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.  All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page for the respective projects noted above.  I would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.

To support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

•       Title: Title of presentation

•       Author: Name(s) of author(s) & affiliation(s)

•       Subject: IEEE P802.3df Task Force or IEEE P802.3dj Task Force

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3df Task Force

Acting Chair, IEEE P802.3dj Task Force