[802.3_GT50GBIDI] Updated project documents

All,

I have marked up the 3 project documents that we will need to establish our task force.

As predicted, the changes from the 802.3cp documents are very slight.

There are two major items that we need to decide on.

1) What speeds are we going to tackle in this project? Keep in mind that the PAR defines the maximum scope, so we should try to include as many speeds as we think possible. If we decide later on that one of the speeds is problematic, we can do a subset without having to modify the PAR (requiring EC approval). Meanwhile, the objectives are a minimum promise on what we will deliver. It is easier to modify the objectives as this only requires the approval of 802.3.  Thus, one way of approaching this question is to just include 100, 200 and 400 Gb/s speeds at this moment, and then we can always down-select later. However, there is a risk that by going for a very expansive target, the PAR might have greater trouble being approved.

2) What is our timeline? The previous project put about 3 years until the first Sponsor Ballot, and then about 4 years until RevCom. For the purposes of the PAR, these timeframes are most likely good enough.

Please discuss!

Sincerely,

Frank Effenberger