From: Yuanqiu Luo <yuanqiu.luo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 12:13 PM
To: STDS-802-3-GT50GBIDI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_GT50GBIDI] January meeting CFC topics and instructions on submitting presentations

Dear All,

The 802.3dk task force will be meeting 9am to noon on Monday Jan 16 and Friday Jan 20 (ET). The meeting bridge is announced at https://www.ieee802.org/3/calendar.html.

We would like to encourage presentations discussing the following topics:

  • Technological challenges to achieve 100G transmission, e.g., dispersion penalty and nonlinearity
  • Candidate technologies of 100GBiDi, e.g., 1x100G, 2x50G; and 200G, e.g., 2x100G, 4x50G
  • Wavelength plan options: single plan for all distances, or different plans depending on distance
  • Reference specifications from IEEE 802.3 (clauses to use as baseline)

Below are the deadlines and instructions to request presentation time/submit presentations:

  • By Jan 9, please indicate the intention of making a presentation to the chair, including the title and approximate presentation+question time
  • By Jan 12, please Email the completed presentation document to the chair. Submit in .pdf format, and filename should have the format 3dk-YYMM-LastName-IndexNumber. For example, a contribution for this meeting would be “3dk-2301-Luo-1.pdf”

It is our intention to remain as open as we can to contributions, so if you miss one of these dates please contact the chair to work out a solution.

Enjoy the holiday season,

Yuanqiu

Yuanqiu Luo

IEEE 802.3dk acting chair