From: Law, David <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2023 3:27 AM
To: STDS-802-3-GT50GBIDI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_GT50GBIDI] October Teleconference cancellation

Dear Yuanqiu,

Just checking, but as you are aware, the IEEE SA participation policy says that participants 'Shall act & vote based on their personal & independent opinions derived from their expertise, knowledge, and qualifications' and that participants 'Shall not act or vote based on any obligation to or any direction from any other person or organization, including an employer or client, regardless of any external commitments, agreements, contracts, or orders.'.

As a result, please can the individuals concerned please confirm that when you say a 'couple of groups' these are 'groups' of individuals preparing joint contributions and not any other form of 'group'. As a reminder to the individuals involved in these 'groups', by participating you '... are deemed to accept these requirements' and 'if you are unable to satisfy these requirements then you shall immediately cease any participation.'.

Thanks, and best regards,
  David

-----