[802.3_ITSA] P802.3cx, D2.0 proposed responses

Good morning, Task Force members,

We have 143 comments in total to go through at the upcoming Wednesday meeting. The proposed responses to all 143 comments were posted online at this URL: https://www.ieee802.org/3/cx/public/nov21/802d3cx_D2_0_proposed.pdf. Given the short meeting time (only 3 hours) and the number of comments, I was very aggressive classifying comments into the “bucket” category. All comments that remains in this category at the end of the meeting will be approved with a single motion rather than reviewed one by one at the meeting. Please review the published proposed responses and let me and/or Steve know by Wednesday morning up to 2 hours before the meeting if any of the comments currently in “bucket” category need to be discussed at the meeting for whatever reason. Such requested comments will be pulled out and discussed, as requested. We can also take comments out of bucket at the meeting, but I would rather avoid spending time on organizational matters given the short meeting duration.

The plan for the meeting is to examine all comments out of the bucket category one by one, focusing on critical categories. I tried to create a few categories, collecting together comments addressing the same issues. Comment categories can be seen as highlighted below – note that not all comments have categories. Some of the critical categories include “802.3-202x”, “PAR, CSD, objectives”, “missing registers”, “delta”

Regards

Marek Hajduczenia, 802.3cx Editor